Project Control Analyst
RMD’s Finance team is seeking a Project Control Analyst to join our team. In this role you will facilitate and oversee the control of costs and schedules on contracts requiring a validated cost / schedule control system.
You will be a valued program partner, dedicated to providing experienced professional program control’s skills to implement and facilitate program continuity by proactively transforming data into knowledge and utilizing that knowledge to achieve program success.
What will you do:
- Responsible for end-to-end analysis and reporting of program cost, schedule, supporting the Finance, Program Mgmt., and technical professionals of the assigned program(s).
- Review detailed of tasks of work to be performed, prepare schedule for the work, and cost estimates.
- Perform analyses and prepare reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and schedules for all contract work.
- Ensure adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures.
- Incorporate contractual changes into control systems by being aware of outstanding work against each contract to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Perform analysis and development of programmatic financial reporting requirements including performance measurement, Variance Analysis, Estimates to Complete (ETC), weekly, monthly, and quarterly monitoring of actual costs incurred against budgeted projects, preparation of Stakeholders Review Packages.
- Participate in annual budget and monthly forecasting.
- Identify, and propose mitigation plans for program Risk / Opportunity.
- Collaborate with the PI’s to ensure timely implementation of program actions as per program cadence (ex: monthly reporting, quarterly reporting and ETC’s, etc.).
- Expedite special projects assigned by, and in support of, the Finance and Programs office.
Experience and Skills needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field of study & 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with scheduling / cost resources.
- Development and tracking of project staffing plans with program managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Professional experience with Microsoft Office (/PowerPoint/Word).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP’s, etc.).
- Experience in financial analysis or a related field.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet critical deadlines.
- Autonomous, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Exhibit a leadership quality that entails facilitation, collaboration, and influential communication.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who can work cross functionally and with all levels of the organization.
- US citizenship
Additional Skills that would be preferred
- Prior experience working in a government industry governed by both FAR and DFARs.
- Proposal development experience.
- Experience with Earned Value Management.
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.