Test Engineer / Scientist
RMD is looking to fill a Test Engineer/Scientist position in the Radiation Detection Group. This is an opportunity to be a part of a well-regarded scintillator detector technology research and development group. The objective of the group is to develop and evaluate new materials used in homeland security, medical physics, and nuclear/high energy physics. The candidate will support evaluation of properties in a laboratory setting. Being a self-motivated individual who can work in a minimally supervised environment is essential. Knowledge of radiation detection and measurements is a plus.
• Conduct laboratory experiments to evaluate material properties such as gamma-ray spectroscopy, optical spectroscopy, and other
• Perform initial data analysis and provide reports from experiments
• Communicate results to other technical staff (presentation and written reports)
• Manage and organize material storage and maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment
• Handle radiation gamma-ray and neutron sources
• Introduce and implement new evaluation methods as instructed
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in physical sciences
• 0-5 years of experience in scientific field
• Experience with electronics (oscilloscopes, NIM modules, digitizers)
• Experience with programming (Python/C)
• Good communication skills (technical reports)
• Overall good hands-on skills
• Experience with radiation safety a benefit but not required
RMD is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.